The Advanced New Method of Checking the Health of your Eyes.
As part of our commitment to offer you the highest standard of eye care, we are delighted to be able to offer you a unique retinal scanning service - the Optomap Retinal Exam. The Optomap Retinal Exam allows us to quickly and easily examine the back of your eye (the retina) without any pupil dilation or anything touching your eyes. A regular Retinal Exam is important to check the health of your retina. It is important to detect any eye conditions such as Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and Retinal Tears/Detachments early so that they can be treated. In addition, signs of other diseases that affect not just your eyes can also be detected (eg heart disease, diabetes, hypertension).
With the Optomap Retinal Exam, we can offer this screening as part of your standard eye Exam. The Optomap Retinal Exam gives us access to areas of the retina which are difficult to view with conventional equipment. In less than 0.25 seconds we can see virtually the entire retina displayed on screen immediately for review. The digital image can then be stored so that we can compare it and monitor eaxh time you visit for an Optomap retinal exam.The images can slo be emailed to another eyecare specialist for an opinion. We belive the Optomap Retinal Exam is one of the most significant advances in eye screening technology we have ever seen and we would advise all of our patients to have this important Exam
Your eye is a mirror of your health
- Early signs of many disease - retinal and others - can show on your retina long before you notice any symptoms.
- The earlier these signs are detected the higher the chance of successful treatment.
- We are committed to the highest standard of eye care and as such we invest in the latest technology so that we can offer you the most advanced eye exam avaliable.
An Optomap Retinal Scan:
- Captures more than 80% of your retina in one image (traditional methods typically reveal only 10-15% of your retina at one time)
- Helps us detect early signs of diseases more efficiently and effectively than with traditional methods
- Lets you see your own retinal image in a unique 3D wrap sequence
We Recommend all the patients to have a regular "optomap retinal scan"